Wednesday, July 14, 2010

On Break To Be Miserable.

I hate to do this but I need to take a short break, a few days, to try and improve my mood. Unfortunately, today my family got pretty much the worst news possible short of people dying.

Basically, the main income earner of my family will soon be completely out of work and possibly in prison. What for? Essentially, for taking on a client that turned out to be a con-artist and trying to collection on a debt while doing it. Got to love our "justice" system.

Well, things are very bad right now and my family is going to lose a lot. We're desperately trying to see what property we have that can be sold and if there are any other resources we can tap. In other words, we're about to drop a few rungs on the taxable income ladder.

I need a few days to sort myself out. I'm trying not to be completely depressed or outraged because depression and rage are pretty useless in a situation like this. Right now, I've got a lot on my plate. I'm entering law school soon on nothing but loans and moving away from home again, I've got to try and figure out how to pay those loans off once I graduate (military service seems like a good idea right now) and frankly I'm just exhausted. I've tried to keep myself busy here and otherwise but I'm just tired.

One of the very few bright spots in my life right now is that Zac over at ANN accepted my offer to write reviews for Kanokon and he also offered me the chance to review the stream of Strike Witches season 2 after a few more episodes air. So, at the very least, I may have a small bit of income from that.

Photobucket

I feel very blessed and lucky to be able to write for a professional website like ANN but I also want to keep doing this blog. Tomorrow I'm going to be going to where my future law school is to try and determine how to move my stuff to where I'll be staying. It's going to be a long but hopefully a happy day. Maybe I'll feel like posting more on Hetalia: Axis Powers tomorrow night! (By the way, today was France and they picked the awesome J. Michael Tatum to voice him. He's great.)

I just hope I'll feel a bit better sooner rather than later. I've been clinically depressed in the past and I don't want to go back there.

This experience has taught me a valuable lesson though. Possessions are nice but in the end, it's the people you really need. Even if my family loses everything and becomes homeless (very possible, we were almost there once before) I hope that I can keep that truth close to my heart.

Bye for now my followers and friends. I will try to pull myself together soon.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that, all I can say I wish you and your family the best.

    I'll just say, I'm glad you got to do Kanokon review on DVD. I wish you the best on that, and yeah you get a sneak peak at Strike Witches.

    As for JMT, wow I really like his accent. It just seems really fitting for French.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. I will always be here hoping for the best for you, and I certainly hope things become better for you soon. I do feel like you are a good friend of mine.

    At least there's good news regarding your future Kanokon and SW2 reviews. In addition to writing about shows you love, you'll be getting some money from that as well. Win/Win I think! :)

    I hope for the best and to see you return soon!
    ~Your friend, bal-anime/BalmungHHQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT!?! That's horrible news! So sorry to hear Richard. :( I hope it settles out but wow... I hope you come back soon too, your blogs and reviews are amazing! Very professional! I love them keep up the great work!

    On the positive side Hetalia is looking very promising, good voices indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that your family has hit on hard times. I am glad that you will keep up with your blog because it is always fun to read. Nice to hear you will be doing more reviews on ANN.

    ReplyDelete