Thursday, December 2, 2010

MB to Fans: Kashimashi and Loveless Dubs Coming!

Photobucket

I haven't had much time to blog lately due to upcoming Law School finals (pray for me) and spending time with my family over Thanksgiving break (when I should have been studying for finals) but I've got to comment on this news! We'll have to wait until next year but here comes some English dub action for Loveless and Kashimashi!

You may recall I mentioned Sirabella's talk of a Loveless dub way back.

Photobucket

Wow, MB is really making an attempt lately. If only they weren't sucking so badly at actually getting the shows out. Hopefully, they'll start getting their act together soon because I'd like to own these. (Quality issues notwithstanding.)

I've actually been interested in Loveless since I came across the first episode on a Newtype-USA preview disc. The sub-only release annoyed the daylights out of me back then and still does. However, it will be nice to see it finally get a chance to shine in English. (Well, hopefully they don't screw up on the English dub.)

Loveless could do very well with an English dub. It's already sold well to hardcore fans and now it has a chance to draw in new fans. The series may get a second-wind from this.

Photobucket

Kashimashi was a show I actually watched about halfway through via fansubs. I liked it and hoped for a license, fully expecting an English dub to be had because I reasoned that the show was a good mix of successful genres and could easily reach beyond just the "oh, is that lesbian loving?" fanbase. Sadly, MB wasn't as confident about it as I was but I feel a small bit of satisfaction now. Guess sub and dub fans can both have what they want with this series now. We'll need something new to fight over.

Photobucket

Yeah, that should do until the next big battle comes along.

The manga kicks the anime's butt a bit but Kashimashi is pretty damn good in any format. Looking forward to this one!

Regardless of past feelings, this is great news once again for English dub fans!

So when does the other shoe drop?

Seriously, I know bad news is coming from somewhere so where and when?

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED *DUB FAN PARANOIA*

Wow, maybe Fan Love is really winning the battle after all.

Photobucket

Well, after getting good news and staying up past my bed time, I have to go. Again, pray for my success on my Law School exams. (Or if you have no faith in a deity, please just wish me the best of luck. I can use all of that I can get!)

Bye-ni!

18 comments:

  1. This news was great! I saw a few episode of Kashimashi in fansubs YEARS ago, but never ended up getting the sub-only DVDs. So I'm surely going to take this chance and buy the dub. And I'll probably grab Loveless too, my GF likes her pretty anime boys afterall...

    Remember when I said 2011 seems like the year of the comeback of dubs?
    Well... that seems to becoming more and more true... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen these titles around for a while and it will be interesting to see how they handle the dubs. Good luck on your Law exam Richard J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see more stuff getting dubs. Have no interest in Loveless since I'm not into Yaoi, I might give Kashimashi a shot, since I don't have much experience in yuri.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And if this wasn't enough, according to an offhand comment on Facebook, they'll be dubbng Strawberry Panic too, though later in the year than these two.
    http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showpost.php?p=1869289&postcount=11
    <3 Media Blasters randomly embracing dubbing <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder, could this all be in response to great success with Dokuro-chan?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well like Sentai, it's good MB is also getting there feet back on the ground. After the mess they got in with moving the warehouse and stuff. I'm happy two of the series I've gotten (yet to watch, so I don't know what I'll do with my subtitled releases). Are being dubbed, this also helps me make my mind up in other series to watch.

    That makes me happy that they are going back and dubbing. I really hate to say it, but I want to thank the people who brought the subtitle releases (was probably high enough) to get a dub. If that is the case, if not thanks anyways MB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @bal-anime: They're dubbing Strawberry Panic too! Holy flying pigs! If they just do Simoun, I can die a happy otaku. (Hey, Sirabella, dub Simoun! I BEG YOU!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooooo....Kashimashi getting a dub. The show is really interesting for me, but I'm planning to get a lot of anime (Dokuro-chan, Haruhi Suzumiya season 2, Durarara!!, Needless) that my budget is getting tighter. I hope they can actually use a guy to voice the main character for the English dub (Hazumu Osaragi, boy turned into girl) to add a lot of extra humor into the show.

    ReplyDelete
  9. More dubs?!?! Woot! Every year when I am at Fanime and AX I always see Ramen Fighter Miki at Media Blasters' booth, but of course it isn't dubbed! This year I asked them if they would go back and dub more shows especially Ramen Fighter Miki. That show looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only thing I know about Ramen Fighter Miki, is what's in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKGoQzsrnvw

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know much about the show but it looks really awesome. I hope MB dubs it! Dokuro Chan must have sold extremely well. It still sells out at my Fry's when they get new copies in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wholly crap! Did you guys see the new release from Aniplex? The price is out of this world! I have never purchased a show at $400 +. Is Blu-ray really that precious to them? Even their Read or Die which is essentially a re release at $200 was crazy. A new show for $400 plus no dub of course. That is terrible marketing hands down. Zero understanding of market conditions especially in a slumped economy.

    But yet somehow we got Durarara for decent. $40 for 3 parts isn't bad but still more than normal. And it was dubbed! What in the world happened? What do you think Aniplex is up to?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm pretty sure they're just offering this for people who were going to import it to begin with... at least I hope that's what they were thinking...

    I'm not getting it, I hope it gets a more normal release down the line.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah I guess so. At least we can all HOPE that's their plan, because if not seriously their marketing crew needs to be fired. I would also assume that would mean no dub in a future release? :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. If Durarara sells well I imagine they'll try to start dubbing more.

    BUY DURARARA, GUYS! Not only is it getting a dub, it's also a fantastic show with a realistic price-point (unlike Garden of Sinners).

    Also HNNNNG Crispin Freeman, JYB, and Steve Blum all in a dub together again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hell yeah I have part 1 pre ordered. I hear this show is amazing. Almost Baccano level! Kari Wahlgren is in the dub too! She's awesome! And yes the price for Durarara is at a realistic price point. Their Garden of Sinners is out of this world. I can get an entertainment system for cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Srsly. I need that money for the Nintendo 3DS, yo.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on Reviewing Sekirei!

    ReplyDelete