Friday, February 26, 2010

Personal: I May Be Out

Well, after I rallied my faith for that last post, things just went straight down the toliet for me today. First the disappointing Hell Girl license by Section23 and then, literally minutes after I finished venting a bit about it, I found out that my family is in serious trouble.

I have a warning for everyone out there: do not ever do any kind of work for, associate with or in any way that involves money connect yourself with dishonest people. Thanks to a con artist, my family may now end up in complete financial and social ruin.

Normally I wouldn't share something this personal with anyone even in such a vague way but, hey, if everything is FUBAR anyway, why not? Since the situation is ongoing, maybe it will get resolved in a way that doesn't destroy my family completely but for right now, the government is threatening us and likely our business is just history.

So, while I still intend to try and stay a part of fandom, I may be forced to leave it due to not having any extra money for it. I may have to give up on law school but I've decided to fight for that as much as I can.

Just don't trust people that don't deserve to be trusted my friends. It's not worth trusting anyway.

Bye-ni. I hope this won't be the last time.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! Sending good vibes your way! D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, dude. Sorry to hear that. I hope that you can still manage to have everything turn out OK in both your personal life and your involvement in the fandom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sincerely hope everything turns out as good as possible! Thanks for all your current and (hopefully) future work on here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I'm terribly sorry to hear that... I sincerely hope that everything can manage to work itself out for you in the end. It seems you have tough times ahead, so be sure to keep a hold of any happiness that you can!
    (And also, I share your feelings regarding the Hell Girl license, I'll miss the old FUNi cast...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope everything turns out well for you and your family. While I don't really know anything about you aside from you being an anime fan, I believe that you're a nice person, and nice people don't deserve to have bad things happen to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear that, all I can do is wish you the best. I just hope everything will work out ok.

    ReplyDelete